Your new swimsuit is pretty magical and we want it to last. Being able to adapt to your changing body means it has a better chance than most — but you have a role to play, too.
Many Youswim suits have been worn regularly for years, including daily ocean surfing and pool-swimming. With the right care, yours will love you back for many summers.
1. Gently hand wash in cool, fresh water immediately after each use. A small amount of diluted, mild detergent may be used when hand washing. To dry, gently bunch your swimsuit into a ball to remove excess water before hanging in the shade away from other clothing.
2. To avoid damage and premature wear, do not ever; twist or wring (we mean it), rub, scrub, machine wash, tumble dry, dry clean, or roll up or store when wet. Avoid contact with rough surfaces — rocks, jagged wood surfaces, velcro, you get the idea.
3. Wringing your suit will cause many years of wear in just one neglectful twist. It'll overstretch the stretchy fibres of your suit, possibly breaking them and affecting the lovely texture of the fabric. This is not a defect.
4. Your Youswim can definitely be worn outside of the water, just be aware that contact with other fabrics can cause pilling. Pilling won’t affect the usability of the suit but if this isn’t something you fancy on your Youswim, we would avoid wearing yours under clothes.
5. Use in spas or hot-tubs treated with harsh chemicals, and contact with suncream, lotions, oils or bleach may cause discolouration. Some colours may bleed or transfer when wet.
You can also find this info on the care label of your swimsuit, on a little info card that came with your package, and soon in an email we send in the days after your order (no excuses, then).
Still swimming in questions? Get in touch 👋